Insurance (car)

Options
Hi all

Me AGAIN! Sorry! :D

Our car insurance was paid in full in May 2018 as husband failed credit check due to his own BR. Checked all documents (using search tool for specific key words) and see nothing about BR or similar.

Do i need to inform them? Are they likely to use it against me in event of a claim?

Thanks
L

Comments

• Momofthree_2
    Options
    Apologies for the duplicate post, I'm new! If you were going to reply please can you reply on the other post so I will see it. Thanks!
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 February 2019 at 12:56PM
    Options
    there are several "unfair" questions in proposal forms loaded against anyone of a "less than perfect" history

They leave it vague on purpose

Just done mine

I must be clear as my (then) insurers paid out on a claim in 2015 and are handling one now...no questions asked.

i know for a fact i was credit checked by the insurers this week for a renewal, and lets be fair, i was BR 11 years ago, ive had plenty of finance since then WHY would insurers get jittery?
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • nikki702
    nikki702 Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    Options
    I am dreading my renewal in may now... never entered my head that insurance would be a problem
  • Momofthree_2
    Options
    Maxmycardagain - yes very vague. My policy says i need to inform them of address and job changes. Also anything else i think they should know! What kind of statement is that?! Should i let them know i had an ear infection last week too? Jokers.

Nikki702 sorry to freak you out! As far as I understand it, we are limited to full annual payment rather than any monthly installments and some providers dont cover BR. Same with house insurance. Personally I think its terrible... why should we be penalised further, we are still human and need insurance :mad:
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    If didnt know better id think insurers just want any chance to duck out of claims but im not that bitter

well, yes I am actually

and yes, i do think it
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    Momofthree wrote: »
    As far as I understand it, we are limited to full annual payment rather than any monthly installments

Not funny when mine is £1400/year
  • undetterred
    Options
    Not funny when mine is £1400/year

With a claim in 2015 and another now,hardly surprising.
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 February 2019 at 10:07PM
    Options
    With a claim in 2015 and another now,hardly surprising.

With extras like protected NCB, insured excess and £10m PL

are you a fan or a stalker?
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nikki702 wrote: »
    I am dreading my renewal in may now... never entered my head that insurance would be a problem

Being BR should not mean you have to pay more - just that you will struggle to get instalments because they are technically a loan. You will probably need to pay up front. Hopefully the CT refund will cover it :)
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    It might be because finance wouldnt be available for poor risks (though not only BR's have a poor credit rating and I got straight after going BR) or...... in the event of a payout claim TO a BR, would the IS want the money? though again, that would only count (maybe) during the term of the bankruptcy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure