Website looks a bit suspect

Options
I was looking to get a fitbit charge 3 and a company called Techos appeared at the top on the list when googling, they have the Charge 3 at £67 which seemed a bit cheap to me along with other deals.

I searched for them on the web and couldn't find any info, they also quoted a Company Number of 11350196, I did a search on companies house and it came back with a different company in fact it is a Freight Transport Company owned by a Romanian gentlemen.

Website is techos.co.uk/

Has anyone heard of these people, am I right in thinking this all looks a bit fishy, should I report it somewhere?

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 February 2019 at 11:51AM
    Options
    Its a Romanian HGV driver who is a she. Different address as its a flat. But any problems you can always take items back to the shop as per link.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=43212972&sale=90100347&country=england#

Post code is L5 2PG
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 February 2019 at 8:09PM
    Options
    I was looking to get a fitbit charge 3 and a company called Techos appeared at the top on the list when googling, they have the Charge 3 at £67 which seemed a bit cheap to me along with other deals.

I searched for them on the web and couldn't find any info, they also quoted a Company Number of 11350196, I did a search on companies house and it came back with a different company in fact it is a Freight Transport Company owned by a Romanian gentlemen.

Website is techos.co.uk/

Has anyone heard of these people, am I right in thinking this all looks a bit fishy, should I report it somewhere?

I didn't realise people actually just google like that by price. It would be a scammers dream.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    website was set up 8th February 2019...
    one trust pilot review https://www.trustpilot.com/review/techos.co.uk
    office address a semi in Liverpool
    I would give it a very wide berth..
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Report to action fraud
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 February 2019 at 11:09PM
    Options
    Contact number is a mobile...

Contact address is this semi in Liverpool:

https://goo.gl/maps/uuC8KEoTG522
  • TadleyBaggie
    Options
    So for a bit of fun I ordered an Apple TV using completely fake details including a completely random credit card number. Order was processed without any validation. They insist that you enter your birthdate when ordering, so it looks like they are just trying to harvest credit card data.

And if by some chance they do ship the Apple TV, I used their own contact address.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    I wondered where that random amount came from off my credit card.:rotfl::rotfl:
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • wavemachine
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I have filed a report with action fraud.

If you just google “Fitbit charge 3 uk price” techos appears at the top of the list so clearly these people have worked hard in SEO, for reference I will google to find a competitive price but will always do my homework before buying to make sure it is a legitimate company. In this case I could find no reviews and had never heard of them which is why I be a really suspicious.

The site was clever though in that they had products with realistic prices but then had the newer versions of and most popular/desirable products heavily discounted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure