What's selling well/ in demand right now?

Options
I have a lot of stuff to sell/pass on.

I've seen other posters say that clothes aren't selling well - is there any way of telling what's selling well and what isn't??

I've not done this for a few years and completely out of touch...

Comments

• snowycatgirl
    Options
    I've 16 years selling experience as a personal seller and I've found selling to be really slow this past year. Brand new clothes still tagged takes ages to shift on BIN as does brand new items not tagged. Found this applies to clothes and bags / purses.

Cannot shift some brand new sealed limited edition vinyls either.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've 16 years selling experience as a personal seller and I've found selling to be really slow this past year. Brand new clothes still tagged takes ages to shift on BIN as does brand new items not tagged. Found this applies to clothes and bags / purses.

Cannot shift some brand new sealed limited edition vinyls either.

You may be facing the problem of people thinking you are mis registered, even if you truly are selling off lots of your own unwanted but brand new items. I tend to avoid people registered as private sellers when they look like they are really businesses (buying to resell) and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • snowycatgirl
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    You may be facing the problem of people thinking you are mis registered, even if you truly are selling off lots of your own unwanted but brand new items. I tend to avoid people registered as private sellers when they look like they are really businesses (buying to resell) and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I can see how it might come across. I'm Bipolar so on occasions I got a little crazy with my spending, never take off labels and when I'm well I seek what I've bought at a loss usually. Touch wood I'm finally learning now I'm earning less after being made redundant.

I've been thinking of converting to a business account to boost income, given I've got 3467+ feedback I think I could do well, but not sure what to sell!
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have a lot of stuff to sell/pass on.

I've seen other posters say that clothes aren't selling well - is there any way of telling what's selling well and what isn't??

I've not done this for a few years and completely out of touch...
    If you want to make profit (as a business seller) you can filter on ebay sold listings and then filter further on categories, then order by highest
    However I am like Soolin i dont buy from private sellers that are really business sellers and dodging the system
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport