Plusnet Broadband & Landline contract problem

In January I negotiated a new contract with a £10.99 per month discount. This should have been applied to my Feb bill but was not. On phoning I was told they had a 'technical incident' and that they could not correct the current bill and that they would direct debit the larger amount, but they would refund but could not say when this would be done as there were multiple cases to resolve.

May be connected that the confirmation of contract contained some spurious symbols as prefix to the elements of the contract pricing
eg. £

Very unsatisfactory that they cannot deliver the agreed contract price

Comments

• Lily1
    Lily1 Posts: 190 Forumite
    Same thing happened to me, rang up first time and they promised to correct it. So got a refund for the difference but it happened again yesterday. So contacted them again and another promise made. Just hoping I won’t have to go through this every month!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Don't hold your breath, I am coming up to month 3 of billing mess - well, the first bill was a mess and now 2 months without a bill.
  • bradqwer
    bradqwer Posts: 125 Forumite
    its a known issue and plusnet are working on this issue its when the discounts don't stick onto the contract its annoying I know but they will always refund the incorrect charges but they cant refund in advance of the account being debited as whats to stop someone deciding to pocket the refund and cancel the direct debit
    'Save £1,100 in 2019' #81

£50/£1100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family