No known brands/ barcode scanner

Options
Hi all, I am looking for a barcode scanner. A large selection is on ebuy. I've chosen even one model hdwr from Poland but I'm afraid it's a good choice because it's not a known company. It's not from china, but I have fears. Did you buy something from ebuy from unknown producers? Do you have any experience? Or maybe there is someone who can recommend a barcode reader for a company at a reasonable price, or maybe you know this company HDWR?

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The company may not be from China but im guessing the product will be. Where are the prices??

Tracing the website registration maybe worth looking at, registration company trades from Singapore? Only had a quick look, do your homework.

Cheap printed boxes with no real company branding. The sort of thing a chinese company will add for a few pennies if you ordered a few.

Non UK plugs, no mention of voltages.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,287 Forumite
    Options
    The company may not be from China but im guessing the product will be. Where are the prices??

Tracing the website registration maybe worth looking at, registration company trades from Singapore? Only had a quick look, do your homework.

Cheap printed boxes with no real company branding. The sort of thing a chinese company will add for a few pennies if you ordered a few.

Non UK plugs, no mention of voltages.

Barcode scanners normally charge from USB, they don't have chargers.
  • unforeseen
    Options
    They look no different to the scanners you get on Amazon branded as Esky etc.

I've had one of those for 5 years and as a basic scanner they are fine. They are basic and don't do fancy things such as prefix & suffix etc.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,560 Forumite
    Options
    unforeseen wrote: »
    Barcode scanners normally charge from USB, they don't have chargers.

Oxymoron?

Charges from USB but don't have chargers??

Well the chargers they supply for the device you say does not need one, does not have a UK plug.

They supply the charger with the scanner. Yes its a standard micro USB plug that most people will have a charger for, but to me that shows the device is generic.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• ana865
    Options
    that is, as a basic scanner it could be done. I did not check for such details about the company, I read that the product is in Great Britain so it will be fast shipping and the site itself looks good.
    something with this page is wrong? they do not even have a Chinese language version, so I did not consider any singapore. Do you recommend any other model in that case?
  • unforeseen
    Options
    Oxymoron?

Charges from USB but don't have chargers??

Well the chargers they supply for the device you say does not need one, does not have a UK plug.

They supply the charger with the scanner. Yes its a standard micro USB plug that most people will have a charger for, but to me that shows the device is generic.

You knew what I meant when I said it didn't need a charger. I have never used a separate charger on mine. It plugs into the PC when not in use and stays charged for remote work. If the item is close enough it gets used as a wired scanner. I'm surprised a charger was supplied. Even the more expensive known brand scanners rarely include chargers and that includes all singing and dancing Honeywell top of the range models
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure