Selling on eBay

Options
2»

Comments

• Camster
    Camster Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't limit my selling to just ebay. I sell products on Ebay, Amazon and my own website.

Ebay accounted for the bulk of my sales, but Amazon sales have overtaken ebay for the last year or so.
  • Brywalker
    Brywalker Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 February 2019 at 12:52PM
    Options
    There is one other thing to consider too. I don't know what it is you are selling but when you say that your competitors have sold 'hundreds, that could be over a number of years and their average monthly sales might not actually be much different to yours.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,264 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brywalker wrote: »
    There is one other thing to consider too. I don't know what it is you are selling but when you say that your competitors have sold 'hundreds, that could be over a number of years and their average monthly sales might not actually be much different to yours.

That's very true. I have a listing and it shows something like '272 sold' which surprised me. However, I realised I've been selling it for about 8 years and it didn't look quite so good!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure