paypal dispute sold 3 months ago

Options
Hi

just received a opened case against me for "defective or not as described. "

sold November and they have stated in the case that it does not work properly

no feedback left for item

i think its a case of buyers remorse says hes "tried" to contact me but obviously not tried at all

whats the best was to proceed as its raised in paypal i am not sure of the best way forward to protect myself

item was £105

Comments

• challengedavid
    Options
    looks like my options are to accept a return via paypal and hope i get my item back

is there anything else i can do as i think they are pulling a fast one
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,320 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    looks like my options are to accept a return via paypal and hope i get my item back

is there anything else i can do as i think they are pulling a fast one

It's always worth phoning PayPal, I've always found them helpful.

Point out the length of time they have had the item and that it was sold without a warranty (assuming that is the case). Stress however that if item is going to be refunded that you want it back at buyers expense.

My recent problem buyer (different scenario) tried this route and I spoke to PayPal a couple of times and in the end they refunded him but also released my funds so that it did not cost me anything.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • challengedavid
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    It's always worth phoning PayPal, I've always found them helpful.

Point out the length of time they have had the item and that it was sold without a warranty (assuming that is the case). Stress however that if item is going to be refunded that you want it back at buyers expense.

My recent problem buyer (different scenario) tried this route and I spoke to PayPal a couple of times and in the end they refunded him but also released my funds so that it did not cost me anything.

thankyou soo much, i did exactly that and without much hassle at all they closed it in my favor
  • challengedavid
    challengedavid Posts: 248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February 2019 at 9:49AM
    Options
    well too good to be true

case has been reopened today, phoned paypal and buyer has had case reopened to be reviewed by the accounts team

will be reviewed within 72 hours

will update when i get any news

EDIT

several days later Paypal closed the case in my favor
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business