Employing A Family/Relative Direct Payments

Options
2»

Comments

• KatrinaWaves
    Options
    whambam wrote: »
    It's not just for clearing out the bins its religious, cultural and fluctuating needs of the person.

Also, the fact you are unable to find a reasonable agency to carry out tasks you ask them for national minimum wage they all charge above £10 per hour which would require a weekly personal contribution for a disabled person who doesn't work.

You have just copied that phrasing from the examples other people gave you of successful claims. When I asked you for an example of a need which would be inappropriate to get a non family member to do, you said 'taking out the bins'

No one can help you if youre not going to give consistent and accurate information to your situation. You seem to mostly be wanting to be paid over and above carer's allowance without actually giving any reason why you need it.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

No one can help you if youre not going to give consistent and accurate information to your situation.

Yes. This.

I am afraid I am completely lost about who lives with who and who gets what. Especially, when the mother's PIP assessment happened

Whambam

Could you please set out this information and people may be able to help you.

Who are the people involved in your situation. Is it mother brother and you?

Who actually lives where - and with whom?

Who gets what benefits and for whom?

Is the property/are the properties owned/rented?
  • whambam
    whambam Posts: 510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All i am asking has anyone had to prove they cannot gain care services elsewhere at a reasonable cost its a yes or no answer.
  • KatrinaWaves
    Options
    All i am asking has anyone had to prove they cannot gain care services elsewhere at a reasonable cost its a yes or no answer.

And someone told you in your previous threads that they didn’t have to.

But what happened to them and what happens to you is entirely different. You cant use other people’s examples to help your case unless they are similar and you haven’t gave any details or reasons of your own other than ‘carers said it’s not their job to put the bins out!’
  • whambam
    Options
    Who said you didn't have to provide evidence?

I just want the standard protocol of procedure and process in applying as a family member.

Why can't I use other people examples is there a law that states you can't?

My reasons are many that no one needs to know their confidential all I was asking is does documentation need to be shown that's all period.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,081 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why would you want to use someone else's examples? If your reason is because the carers won't put the bins out then that won't be a good enough reason.

You can't expect to get help on a forum if you won't give all the details. If you don't want to give the details then you'll need to get advice from a local advice centre near you.
  • whambam
    Options
    Because they are similar to mines. No, it's not about the bins its about them not carrying out directions of the employer.

You don't need all the details I've been posting for years its a simple question I asked and I want a simple answer.

The local advice centre have a 3 month wait time and give you nothing but a website, that's how good they are.
  • KatrinaWaves
    Options
    Well be sure to update us in 3 months time with the answers you get, because clearly no one can help you here.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,081 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You don't need all the details I've been posting for years its a simple question I asked and I want a simple answer.
    There's no simple answer. I know you've been posting for a long time but your questions aren't always that easy to answer because of lack of information.

My eldest daughter is employed as carer for my youngest daughter, along side the PA that i employed but she doesn't live with us which meant it was allowed. I do know that i would have had to have had an extremely good reason if she lived with me.
  • whambam
    Options
    Well be sure to update us in 3 months time with the answers you get, because clearly no one can help you here.

Well some have helped in another way thank you.
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    There's no simple answer. I know you've been posting for a long time but your questions aren't always that easy to answer because of lack of information.

My eldest daughter is employed as carer for my youngest daughter, along side the PA that i employed but she doesn't live with us which meant it was allowed. I do know that i would have had to have had an extremely good reason if she lived with me.

I understand you need to have a extremely good reason if not several the point i am asking is do you have to medically prove it through a doctor or documentation?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure