We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Refund

Hello all, I ordered some Windows and doors from a company, paying a deposit. I cancelled the order within the 14 day cooling off period a per the contract. I contacted the company who said they would refund me. I have been waiting 2 months, after numerous calls, emails still no joy. I contacted Citizens Advice who advised I am entitled to a refund. I'm mot sure where to go now, as they dont answer the phone, or its kust empty promises. Has anyone had any issues or successful refunds with the company Love Windows Ltd? Thanks

Comments

  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Small claims court.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,501 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    How did you pay ?

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hopefully you paid by credit card. If yes then simply raise a Section 75 claim.

    If you paid by debit card then raise a chargeback claim.
  • Thank you, I paid the deposit with my credit card. Do I raise this claim 75 via my card company?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes. It's called a Section 75 claim because it refers to Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.