New Post Advanced Search

2nd Dirt cheap ski trip for family!

4 replies 5.5K views
Mari_DMari_D Forumite
1 posts
Last year our family of 4 ski ied French Swiss Alps for less than a quarter of the brochure price for the resorts. This year i have shaved a whopping £3k off the brochure price by booking an independent trip!
downside - staying 6 nights on outskirts of resort
layover on flight to Helsinki but have a free day out all planned.
have to arrange own transfer (ski bus from airport is EUR 30 for all of us, no big deal)

Upside - bargain!

Replies

• jimbo6977jimbo6977 Forumite
    677 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Mari_D wrote: »
    Last year our family of 4 ski ied French Swiss Alps for less than a quarter of the brochure price for the resorts. This year i have shaved a whopping £3k off the brochure price by booking an independent trip!
    downside - staying 6 nights on outskirts of resort
    layover on flight to Helsinki but have a free day out all planned.
    have to arrange own transfer (ski bus from airport is EUR 30 for all of us, no big deal)

Upside - bargain!

OK, so how?
    What flights, accomm, etc did you book?

Ski can be done on a not-eye-watering budget, but I think we could do with a little more detail.

Thanks.
  • I heard of some people getting great deals on groupon for skiing! So cheap it almost seemed impossible!
  • fimacdoodlefimacdoodle Forumite
    21 posts
    Groupon, skiing. Sounds fishy.
    We book our family ski holiday where we drive using the Eurotunnel and independently book all the other parts using the Internet.
    90% cheaper than packages, unless it’s a super deal.......
  • jimbo6977jimbo6977 Forumite
    677 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    90% cheaper than packages?

As in, you pay only 10% of the package price? Seems unlikely!

Or, 90% of the time you save money compared to package prices?
    Or, you pay about 90% of the package price?

confused.