Haynes Motor Museum

Hi

Has anyone been to the Haynes Motor Museum? I am composing our list of things to do this year and this is on the list as it is not a million miles from us :D

Sadly, the founder has just died aged 80

Comments

• force_ten
    force_ten Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    yes i have been and really enjoyed my day there, i would visit again if i was in the sparkford area
  • We went about five year ago. It's small, but fascinating (and I don't like cars!). There is so much to see in such a small space. My youngest, who loves cars, would have happily returned every day of our holiday! From what I remember, it wasn't expensive, and you can use the same ticket to return as many times as you want to throughout the year. We're in the North West, so only visited once, but if it was local my son would be there regularly. He's now 19, so not a little one.

I've just mentioned this thread to him, and he said that he would love to go back.
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We went not so long ago, not a massive place, but the cars are interesting, my eldest liked it but he's into cars, my youngest got a bit bored despite the little quiz they gave them to do on the way round. The gift shop is quite expensive. There is a cafe there and a play area suitable for younger children. If you add gift aid to your entrance fee you get a ticket that's valid for 12 months. We did that but didn't return!
  • bishopsgirl
    bishopsgirl Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My partner. who loves cars and bikes, went last year and really enjoyed his visit. He was really impressed by many of the exhibits.

I have to admit I sat outside in the sun and read a book. Vehicles are not my thing at all.

He has kept his ticket and if we are in the area again this year he will use it to visit again.
    Be Lucky Everyone
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thanks all, lots of positive comments. I went to Beaulieu years ago, when I also lived in the area and really enjoyed that.

Haynes is only 8 miles from us so I expect we'll get round to going this year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure