Should I close Amazon case?

Options
I bought some items from an Amazon seller that never arrived.

I contacted them asking for information and just got a generic email asking for my delivery address again, which I sent. After a few more days with no contact and no sign of the goods I opened a case on Amazon using the A to Z guarantee.

The same day I got another email from the seller asking if I wanted a partial refund as some of the items I had ordered were now out of stock. I refused and asked for a full refund.

They are now asking me to close the case before they refund me. I have no idea how the Amazon system works so I'm not sure whether they are being genuine or not and whether I should close it or not.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Carer wrote: »
    I bought some items from an Amazon seller that never arrived.

I contacted them asking for information and just got a generic email asking for my delivery address again, which I sent. After a few more days with no contact and no sign of the goods I opened a case on Amazon using the A to Z guarantee.

The same day I got another email from the seller asking if I wanted a partial refund as some of the items I had ordered were now out of stock. I refused and asked for a full refund.

They are now asking me to close the case before they refund me. I have no idea how the Amazon system works so I'm not sure whether they are being genuine or not and whether I should close it or not.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Why on earth would you close the case? Keep it open and allow seller to refund you through it . If seller contacts you again just ignore them except once again to ask for a refund.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,027 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Get in touch with Amazon customer services and let them sort it, you'll get an almost immediate refund.

The seller should have just refunded you. At best it sounds like they don't know much about selling on Amazon. If there's no delivery and you get an AtoZ claim then you just refund and get it shut asap. If Amazon have to do it that can heavily impact your account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure