Tesco staff Privilege Card

Options
124»

Comments

• Queeny12
    Options
    i worked for tesco for 25 yrs they r not the company i joined ,too many jumped up far to young and irritating managers with no morals to say the least they think tesco cannot manage without[ them how wrong r they] when i left i walked out like i had just finished a shift [ not a flower from managment] lots of gifts from friends i e-mailed head of HR she just passed the buck , i still av a privlidge card but i shop were i fancy they lost my loyalty the moment i retired i was so proud to work for tesco years ago its a shame
  • Queeny12
    Options
    what a motley crew managment have no idea how to treat the staff show a bit of compassion and respect and your staff will do anything for you but no, most of them are back stabbing two faced morons so glad i have left don't even like to shop there now
  • Queeny12
    Options
    When I still worked there, my new card was given to me by someone in HR (the wages clerk).
    the wages clerk usually works one night or stays late to deal with any queries staff on night shift may have, if not the night manager should deal with it ha ha managment a waste of time bet he or she said they couldn't do it not there job , yes it is
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    To HR, front line employees are mere numbers.
  • Kissmex77
    Options
    Geoff_Amor wrote: »
    My teenage son works for Tesco in Bristol . He was working his shift in the store and due to finish at 22.00 . I went to pick him up and whilst I was waiting for him ,I took the opportunity to purchased the weeks shopping using his staff discount card (it`s just the two of us at home).
    One of the team leaders in the store served me and spotted his name on the card .
    My son was never informed that immediate family members could not use the card . The team leader humilated me in front of other customers waiting by barking "you are not entitiled to use this !" . I felt like a common thief . My son is very hard working and conscientious .The team leader then told me my son could lose his job, and she would be reporting the matter to management .
    We both left the store that night feeling very upset and are currently awaiting the outcome of our "transgression" .
    So Tesco really look after their employees ...and families (don`t think so).

I can confirm as an ex TESCO employee it states quite clearly in the terms of use that your son will have got when he was given his privilege card that it isn't to be used by anyone else so while your treatment seems unfair to you, unfortunatly you/your son did breech the t&c (and this is your sons responsability as would have been explained to him when signing for the card) therefore you have to face the consequences, it is theft pure and simple!
  • shop-to-drop
    shop-to-drop Posts: 4,340 Forumite
    Options
    There is the option to sign your card over to a spouse or parent. Basically they get the card not the staff member so you can't then use the card yourself. A lot of the younger staff do this as it means the person in the household who does the main shopping can get the discount.
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
  • summersmile
    Options
    There is the option to sign your card over to a spouse or parent. Basically they get the card not the staff member so you can't then use the card yourself. A lot of the younger staff do this as it means the person in the household who does the main shopping can get the discount.

This is correct as my son signed his privilege card over to me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport