Tesco staff Privilege Card

Options

Comments

• KarenC_2
    Options
    Geoff_Amor wrote: »
    My teenage son works for Tesco in Bristol . He was working his shift in the store and due to finish at 22.00 . I went to pick him up and whilst I was waiting for him ,I took the opportunity to purchased the weeks shopping using his staff discount card (it`s just the two of us at home).
    One of the team leaders in the store served me and spotted his name on the card .
    My son was never informed that immediate family members could not use the card . The team leader humilated me in front of other customers waiting by barking "you are not entitiled to use this !" . I felt like a common thief . My son is very hard working and conscientious .The team leader then told me my son could lose his job, and she would be reporting the matter to management .
    We both left the store that night feeling very upset and are currently awaiting the outcome of our "transgression" .
    So Tesco really look after their employees ...and families (don`t think so).

I would personally complain about the team leaders' attitude - it's one thing to use someone elses' discount card without their consent but as you say your son allowed you to use it, if you had shopped online they would be none the wiser - it's just one A***licker trying to be all important but I bet she isn't as perfect as she makes out. Her attitude was not at all professional if she had a grievance with you using the card all she had to discretely say was "Sorry but you can't use this unless the named person is present.....
    Tesco really do care (ha ha ha) .... only about themselves, my son has worked for them for 4 years as a trolley park attendant and he is having to buy his own safety boots, trousers and waterproof coats as his store is crap, he's sick of waiting for his ordered uniform and he works outside.

So I say if anything comes out it (I doubt it) be prepared to retaliate over her public dressing down, belittle her and request a written apology or else you will take it further!
  • leos_nanny
    Options
    Can you use them on travel money ? do you get staff discount ?
  • santashelper_2
    Options
    do you find your card has to be swiped 3 times then the number needs to be typed in before registering why is this ?
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains,
    because the average man can see better than he can think.

Many people's view of the world is down to their experience, perception and what they have been conditioned to,this isnt any old MSE reply this is a important and experienced MSE reply :rotfl:
  • charlie-chan
    Options
    do you find your card has to be swiped 3 times then the number needs to be typed in before registering why is this ?

Mine does that too. I think it is due to the magnetic strip.
    Competition Wins:

Glee Goodie Bag!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My mum works for Tesco and has a staff card, but it has expired and she doesn't know how to get a new one and she can never get hold of managers when she's in as she works nights. Is there a number she can call to order a new one, or does she have to get it by asking someone at work (which she says is too much of a hassle!)?
  • charlie-chan
    Options
    My mum works for Tesco and has a staff card, but it has expired and she doesn't know how to get a new one and she can never get hold of managers when she's in as she works nights. Is there a number she can call to order a new one, or does she have to get it by asking someone at work (which she says is too much of a hassle!)?

When I still worked there, my new card was given to me by someone in HR (the wages clerk).
    Competition Wins:

Glee Goodie Bag!
  • katdon_2
    Options
    do you get any discounts topping up your mobile phone pay as you go ?
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    katdon wrote: »
    do you get any discounts topping up your mobile phone pay as you go ?

Yes, when you top up in-store you still get the discount.
    Moreover, if you look on Tescomobile website, there may be staff tariffs.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • shop-to-drop
    shop-to-drop Posts: 4,340 Forumite
    Options
    You get your 10% discount on top up vouchers when you buy them with your privilege card and you get 3 x bonus credit on top of the voucher value rather than 2 x which all tesco Mobil PAYG customers get. You do need to tell tesco mobile to add you to the staff network and let them now your staff number. Don't think you need to wait for qualification to privilege card to get this perk. You can also sign up family phones to staff network so you all get the extra bonus credit.l
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
  • dhbedson
    dhbedson Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You get your 10% discount on top up vouchers when you buy them with your privilege card and you get 3 x bonus credit on top of the voucher value rather than 2 x which all tesco Mobil PAYG customers get. You do need to tell tesco mobile to add you to the staff network and let them now your staff number. Don't think you need to wait for qualification to privilege card to get this perk. You can also sign up family phones to staff network so you all get the extra bonus credit.l

No you don't need to wait. Yes, you can sign up 5 family and friends.

Register on the OurTesco.com website with your Employee number and you can find more information about this (and other benefits)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure