Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

IAS parking charge appeal failed.....please HELP me! - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

IAS parking charge appeal failed.....please HELP me!

13 replies 964 views
2»

Replies

• BrownTroutBrownTrout Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    UKCPM will almost certainly sue you . They are a nasty company, but Definately beatable
  • Can this be won just simply on the fact that their letter didn't reach me on time . And that is their responsability to send it tracked somehow , and their duty to prove who the driver was?
    Will this be enough or should I raise other points?
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    motanu wrote: »
    Given the above , what are my chances and what is the worst case scenario if it goes to court?

Your chances are as good as the following:

Their case : Your defence : The Judge on the day.

Majority of people who are helped in preparing their case by the forum come out on top. But it needs the individual to take full responsibility for doing the heavy lifting.

Worst case scenario - it will cost ~£175-£200 (includes the £100 PCN). They will try to add more (~£60-£80), but you would need to argue these with the Judge and get them removed.

If you win, you can take them for £95 towards loss of earnings/annual leave for half a day + mileage @45ppm + parking costs for the day of the hearing.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.