🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

IHT Form - self filling boxes

Options
Quick query re: these forms, currently filling in IHT 205, however the total's boxes don't seem to self populate, and I can't add the figure myself unless I print out the form and write it in..

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader (non pro edition) and have tried it on both the mac and PC.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong.

(eg. Box A, B, C and the others)

Comments

• chels
    chels Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It's probably not anything you are doing wrong. I recently completed IHT400 and the various schedules and not all boxes were fillable which was highly frustrating, I ended up typing what the forms would allow and completed the remaining boxes/information by hand.
  • Mr_Sark
    Mr_Sark Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chels wrote: »
    It's probably not anything you are doing wrong. I recently completed IHT400 and the various schedules and not all boxes were fillable which was highly frustrating, I ended up typing what the forms would allow and completed the remaining boxes/information by hand.

Ahh, thank you, it helps to know it's not just me.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Works for me in Chrome and reader 9

Have you got the right form there are a lot out there.
    I think the latest is the IHT205(2011) ( 06/15)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/459092/IHT205_2011_.pdf
  • Mr_Sark
    Mr_Sark Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I downloaded the form a week ago, and I've been using Reader DC (2019)

I might download the form and try again.. thanks
  • wiltshiregirl69
    Options
    After spending hours working this out - if you use a Mac, the on-line forms need to be downloaded from the GOV website in Chrome NOT safari.  Even if you complete the forms in the latest Adobe reader DC they still won't work if you've originally downloaded them using safari.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure