IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

bw legal parking fine

Hello all , i have read through the newbies FAQS but as i am new to this i was looking for some further advice , I was issues a parking ticket in May 2016 from Premier parking solutions outside my place of work , i pulled in opposite and had the engine running whilst i dropped off paperwork , so we are talking minutes, when i returned there was the ticket on my window , my manager said to throw away as other employees has had these and he thought it must be a neighbour issuing them.
Over the last three years i have received numerous letters and to my new address and i have a different car!! It has been passed to BW legal so for about the last four months i have received letters from threatening CCJ , this morning i had a letter with photos of my car and to pay the amount of 260 pounds by February 9th , i visited the citizens advice bureau who told me i should pay this . I do not wish to have a ccj but reading through the forums and online some are saying to ignore them or others are paying .
I have read through the FAQS but any more help as i am not the best with this type of issue i would be most grateful .

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    do not IGNORE these letters

has this come from B W LEGAL ? or from the CCBC in Northampton ?

if its from B W LEGAL, you should send an LBC rebuttal to them and a SAR to PPS by email to their DPO to get all your data

if you lose in court (within 6 years) then pay up within one month to AVOID the CCJ being on your record

this is all covered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread , post #2 , near the top of this forum, please read it

these letters should be taken seriously, and I am sure the idiot that told you to IGNORE wont help you to pay it or to defend yourself in your local civil court
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    CAB are useless when it comes to parking charge notices. Forget anything they say.

The advice to ignore a PCN has not been given since the law changed in 2012. Ignoring might get you a CCJ. Defending it hopefully prevent you paying anything.

Start by reading the guide to court written by bargepole that you will find in post 2 of the NEWBIES. This will take you through step by step from LBC to the court date.

Send an SAR to the PPC as per the method explained in the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Firstly, the CAB in respect of parking are as useless as an outdated can of beans. USELESS.

BWLegal ...... the letter you received, was it headed LETTER BEFORE CLAIM or similar ?

Asking you to pay by the 9th of Feb would mean that the letter would have been dated around 10th Jan and stating you have 30 days to reply ?????

The claim of £260 is fake and will consist of a fake BWLegal add ons which a court will not allow

The threat of a CCJ is highly misleading because that can only happen if you went to court, you lost, you did not pay in the time the court ruled.

BWLegal lie, they do it all the time to scare people

When was this letter dated
  • Many thanks for the reply , the letter was from BW legal , i shall read over the FAQS you pointed out , very frustrating that these companies can still do this and issue ridiculous fines!!
  • beamerguy
    ginola79 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the reply , the letter was from BW legal , i shall read over the FAQS you pointed out , very frustrating that these companies can still do this and issue ridiculous fines!!

You already said it was from BWLegal ...... when was the letter dated ????
  • Sorry for the delay in replying to this was due to personal issues , the letter dated from BW legal is 26th January , it does state failure to contact us within 14 days may lead to the following -Further collections activity or Further legal action , like i said the photos included are of my car and the sign up on the wall , but as my car was running and it was opposite my place of work surely this would not stand up in court as all the other employee and managers all have the same issue . The fine originally was 100 pounds but is now 260 due to BW legal , who i did look up and have horrendous reviews and are pretty much hated across the country!!!
  • Just for info, when you come to do the SAR to PPS, you should send some sort of ID too, just to cover off any potential timewasting they can do by "not getting around to your email" for some time, then requesting your ID. The SAR deadline doesn't start ticking until they have received a proof of ID if they require it. I sent off a heavily redacted passport (and in my case, marriage certificate, as I had married during the timescales since my PCN, and I no longer had the car). You don't have to send your passport by any means - log book may be sufficient.
    Debt Free by Xmas 2021 = £0/£6,500
    1p Challenge 2021 (TBC)
  • beamerguy
    edited 6 February 2019 at 9:58PM
    ginola79 wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in replying to this was due to personal issues , the letter dated from BW legal is 26th January , it does state failure to contact us within 14 days may lead to the following -Further collections activity or Further legal action , like i said the photos included are of my car and the sign up on the wall , but as my car was running and it was opposite my place of work surely this would not stand up in court as all the other employee and managers all have the same issue . The fine originally was 100 pounds but is now 260 due to BW legal , who i did look up and have horrendous reviews and are pretty much hated across the country!!!

And there is the clue ..... a letter dated 26th January saying pay within 14 days is not a LBC. You must be given 30 days to respond and they must prove their claim.

Wait until you get a REAL letter before claim then we can help you to rebut it.

You do not owe £260, it's all part of the BWLegal scam
    BWLEGAL ADD ON A FAKE £60 ?
    In addition to the 'parking charge', the Claimant's legal representatives, BWLegal, have artificially inflated the value of the Claim by adding costs of £60 which has not actually been incurred by the Claimant, and which are artificially invented figures in an attempt to circumvent the Small Claims costs rules using double recovery.
    >>>> thanks to bargepole

It is sad that BWLegal has the same stupid mentality as the scammers they act for. THEY CAN BE BEATEN and often are.

BWLegal has one major flaw ..... they send boys to court who try to DO the job of a man ..... AND FAIL
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Why not just search the forum for BW Legal 14 days letter and read other threads?

You will honestly learn ten times more than asking on your own thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Many thanks again for all your help , how does a company like this still be able to pull these stunts and scams??? i imagine this has caused lots of people distress ,far more than me!! i will look up the above thread and when i receive the next letter i shall be post it for more of your help!! many thanks again!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure