IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Advice on PCN from Horizon

Hello
on 21st Jan my car overstayed at Sainsburys by 1 hour 1 minute. on 30th Jan a PCN came in the post with an issue date of 25th Jan.
The visit to Sainsburys was for my 3 sisters to have a meeting in their cafeteria with our disabled and wheelchair bound brother to discuss his care and accommodation as their are concerns.No-one was aware of a time limit for parking. Food and drink were purchased with cash. Afterwards 2 shopped in the store, one paying cash the other with card. The email below was sent to the CEO yesterday with a delivery & read request and I attached a screenshot of a bank statement showing purchases were made at Sainsburys on that date as well as photos of some of the food with best before dates. My questions are: does the CEO usually reply and timeframe I can expect? What if he doesnt? Do I also have to appeal to Horizon?
Dear Mr C**pe.
On 30.01.19 I received in the post a Parking Charge Notice (******) for £70 from Horizon Parking Ltd on 21.01.19 for exceeding the maximum stay period by 1 hr 1 min.
I am the Registered Keeper of the vehicle in question. (registration ****).
The driver was not aware of any signs of a limit period for parking when using the cafeteria where food and drink was purchased and shopping in the store followed.
I’m sure the staff in the cafeteria would remember there were 4 people in the group: three female customers with their younger brother who is disabled and in a wheelchair.
The food and drinks in the cafeteria and some of the shopping were paid for in cash on this occasion and receipt discarded. Some of the purchased items that were paid for in cash were eggs, beans and spinach. Photos attached showing they were purchased in Sainsburys and the best before date as 22.01.19 on the spinach indicate the purchase date. Also attached is photo from bank statement showing purchases on the said date and prove these were genuine customers who in caring for someone disabled took time to eat, drink and shop.
As the registered keeper of the vehicle I am very upset about the charges Horizon are expecting me to pay when my vehicle was parked there for a genuine visit to the cafeteria and shopping trip.
I ask of you to please cancel this PCN as I feel as though I am being punished for these customers using the cafeteria and making purchases at a Sainsbury’s store.
Yours Faithfully,

Replies

• nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    FOllow the NEWBIES THREAD, post 1.
  • Thank you but I have read the newbies thread post 1 and wasnt asking for advice on what to write as I already sent an email. My questions were about the CEO reply & if I have to appeal as well or wait.
  • bergkampbergkamp Forumite
    346 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Appeal to Horizon with the template in the newbies thread as is, and add a copy of the bank statement stating that the occupants of the car were genuine customers, one with a disability.
    It will get cancelled.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    32K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Send the already written for you blue text template appeal that you will find in post #1 of the NEWBIES thread.

Send it unchanged - no additions or alterations needed.

Send it as the keeper.
  • the advice in the thread says to email the retailer first. what if the retailer cancels it do I still have to appeal to horizon?
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    32K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Do what you think best.

You do not have to do anything.
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If it is cancelled, and horizon has told you it is cancelled, why would yo uappeal
    If it is said to be cancelled, but you dont have anything to confirm this, then an appeal would be prudent, dont you think? Just tell them their principal has stated that the ticket was cancelled on X date

ITs not too tricky to work out a sensible course here, come on! :)
  • Nosferatu - are you trying to being funny asking me its not too tricky to work out a sensible course here ?
    If you have to blow my candles out to make yours burn brighter I feel very sorry for you.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    111.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Bergkamp already told you how to appeal:
    bergkamp wrote: »
    Appeal to Horizon with the template in the newbies thread as is, and add a copy of the bank statement stating that the occupants of the car were genuine customers, one with a disability.
    It will get cancelled.

So, do the above as well as the CEO complaint. You did do that 'first' so now do the appeal, too.

This is 'INDIRECT' disability discrimination under the Equality Act 2010.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals