Inability to calculate Experian credit score

Hi,

I’ve been trying to calculate my credit score but it comes up asking who provides one of your credit cards but my credit card is not listed and it also asks for 2 credit card providers but I don’t have 2 so I’m confused!

Thanks,
Louisa

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Don't worry - no one knows how to calculate your Experian score, including Experian themselves!

Are you trying to access your report via the MSE Credit Club? Or directly with Experian?

Have you tried contacting Experian to find another way of establishing your identity?
  • There’s usually an option that says “none of the above” or similar
  • Ignore any reference to your credit "score" - this is a marketing gimmick by the CRAs and does not reflect your creditworthiness in anyway. Lenders will score you themselves when you make an application, based on the information you've provided in your credit application and that on your credit file - so what matters most is your credit history.

I had issues when I first tried to access my reports through Experian - they couldn't match me as I had a very thin file. With a thin file, you might partially match a few other people's files and so they are unable to automatically give you access to your reports. Contact them and let them know the situation and they should request some sort of identification and then they should be able to match you to your reports - once you have access have a thorough look to see if all the correct information is there. Not every lender reports to Experian however, so I'd also check the other CRAs (Equifax and TransUnion) if you haven't already - you may also have to go through the same process to get set up initially - but between them all your financial information should be recorded.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    !!! wrote: »
    There’s usually an option that says “none of the above” or similar

OP there will be an option as pointed out here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure