Tv Licence refund

Options
Hello,
We moved into our new home in March 2018 and paid for a TV licence in full thinking we would get get an aerial. We never did get an aerial installed and haven't watched Iplayer - we just stick to netflix, nowtv and prime. My licence is due to run out in Feb 2019 but would I be entitled to a refund for the whole year? (I only recently realised we didn't actually need the licence!:mad:). I'm not sure how we'd prove that we haven't watched iplayer!

Comments

• bdawg7
    Options
    TV license lot try to screw you however they can, so I'd be surprised if they actually honoured a refund in this case. Like you say, it would be tricky to actually prove you hadn't watched iPlayer- even if you had records of every site you'd ever visited through your IP address, you could technically have worked around that and used a different IP address too
  • Dean000000
    Dean000000 Posts: 612 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2019 at 2:22PM
    Options
    no. you wont.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As you say OP you have no evidence and why would they .
    An airial or not is not proof of not watching live TV .
  • techquest
    techquest Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Harder to prove you haven't than it is for them to prove you have. You still have a TV set and that is all you have to have for them to prove their case that you had the means to receive their service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure