Garden slope

Options
2»

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Get onto the planning portal and check the site out in detail.

they should have documented down to where they are sticking the shrubs, what fences will be there etc.

Be surprised how many developments never get finished to the plans.

Also check plans regularly, developers have a habit of making changes to the plans but forgetting to tell the people buying and updating their pretty brochures.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    freedev wrote: »
    Thank you all for the responses.

@-taff is that something that usually goes into the contract, or you rely on the site plans (which as far as I'm aware are subject to change in some cases)? We haven't exchanged yet (solicitors are working on it), so I guess we can ask for the exact specs to be added there?

I don't know if you can specify the exact slope or a range ebtween, in the contract but I do know I've read lots of threads on the house buying board to do with 'the developer told me we'd be getting a bigger/smaller/no/view/floor/garage' etc, and because poeple rely on what they're told instead of what's written down, when they didn't get these things, they didn't have a leg to stand on as far as reparations or resintatements.

So everything you have been told, or everything you want, should be written down, otherwise, thre's every chance you won't be getting it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can't you go & have a look?
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • freedev
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses, I've done some research (including the plans submitted to the council—thank you for the suggestion) and I'll go and have a chat with the developer tomorrow and try to get some things in writing.
    Can't you go & have a look?

It looks relatively level, but the developer informed me that it's not going to be the same after the houses are built, and provided the measurements in my first post. They couldn't give me a real-life example of what that means though, thus I'm trying to figure it out. It's not ideal, but it's not that bad either if they actually stick to that, thus I'll try to get it in writing. :)
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it slopes away from the house ( which ours does ) there is less chance of flooding as the water should run away down the garden unless it as that deep that you are b---ered anyway.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    freedev wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses, I've done some research (including the plans submitted to the council—thank you for the suggestion) and I'll go and have a chat with the developer tomorrow and try to get some things in writing.

Ideally get both sides of the conversation in writing, and copy in your conveyancer. Be clear who you are getting assurances from: someone in the sales team, a contractor, the managing director? Does your contact have the authority to speak on behalf of the developer in this matter?
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport