🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

childrens carseats after an accident

Options
yesterday i was reversed into (side) in m&s carpark while i was looking for a space. i have spoke with my insurance company today and apparently i need to get new carseats for the children.
can someone tell me do i need to get these straight away like right this minute or would i be able to wait until my next day off work? i obviously dont want to compromise my childrens safety but it really was just a slight knock and i know the carseats are going to cost me around £200 as i presume i need to get like for like and as my lovely ds broke my washing machine last week i've just paid out £200 for another one an i dont have a pot to tiddle in right now. my parents are away at the moment and i was hoping to borrow it off of them when they come back.

please dont think im not putting my children first im just wondering if another few days before i replace would be ok or would i be jeopodising my insurance claim?? :confused:

thanks
It only seems kinky the first time.. :A

Comments

• Transactionumber
    Options
    Hello you should be ok to wait a few days as you said it was only a minor accident,I'm sure you wouldn't compromise your childrens safety in any way just have a look around the seat they are built very well and I would of thought that they'd be ok as a spare set when you get your new ones on the insurance.Please double check this though with your insurance company as they might have differant ideas.All the best in your claim etc.Leachy
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    Waste of money, there will be nothing wrong with the ones you have.
  • Your insurance company should cover the cost if your claiming

As for the seats, whilst its unlikely there damamged if you were to be in another accident and had to make a personal injury claim for the kids it would likely be cut because you were using "potentially damaged" seats after being told to replace them

How long does it take to get seats? maybe half a day max

You really should make the time this weekend as you will probably never do it otherwise as after a few weeks or whatever you will just decide their fine to keep
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport