Sun Holidays - Questions (Parkdean)

Options
Hello!

I'm looking at using Sun Holidays to get ourselves a cheap holiday for later in the year (September).

I've got my head round most of it, but have a few queries that I'm hoping regular sun holiday goer's can help me with:

- With Parkdean resorts, if you want the linen upgrade - does anyone know how much it is? (I'm trying to compare total costs)
- Again with Parkdean resorts, do you get allocated a 2 bedroom place as standard? Or is there a chance it could be a 1 bedroom place? I can't find this info anywhere

We want to do a 7 night getaway, and it says online that you have to do that by combining a 3 night and a 4 night getaway and complete two separate forms with two lots of tokens (you can't do it online). You also need to staple them together and include a covering letter explaining what you want to do. The cost is also higher at £19pp (which is fine and to be expected).

BUT, on the form they direct you to, there is box to tick which says for a 7 night holiday tick here (it's also accounted for in the payment section). So do I really need to do two forms? Or will I end up with them expecting me to pay two lots of fees?

If it's a case that the form has now been updated to accommodate a 7 night holiday, do you still need to actually do a paper form at all, or will it be available online?

And, our 2nd choice venue is a Haven one, which we would want the comfort plus upgrade. On the form the tick box says £15.50 per person, but in the small print it says 'Send only £9.50pp with your application. You will be charged a £6pp supplement for a comfort plus upgrade.'. So I'm confused, is the upgrade cost on the tick box the combination of the 'standard' charge PLUS the 'upgrade' charge? Or is it in addition to the 'standard' charge? Also, is the 'upgrade' charge the same regardless of duration? So, in our case would only be an additional £6pp, on top of the £19pp (£25pp in total X 4)?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm hoping that those of you with more experience will be able to help/answer my queries.

Thanks.
February wins: Theatre tickets

Comments

• essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 January 2019 at 9:24AM
    Options
    Hello!

I'm looking at using Sun Holidays to get ourselves a cheap holiday for later in the year (September).

I've got my head round most of it, but have a few queries that I'm hoping regular sun holiday goer's can help me with:

- With Parkdean resorts, if you want the linen upgrade - does anyone know how much it is? (I'm trying to compare total costs)
    - Again with Parkdean resorts, do you get allocated a 2 bedroom place as standard? Or is there a chance it could be a 1 bedroom place? I can't find this info anywhere
    I don't know the linen hire for this year but if you budget for £10 single and £15 double you won't be far off
    You could take your own and avoid the cost

We want to do a 7 night getaway, and it says online that you have to do that by combining a 3 night and a 4 night getaway and complete two separate forms with two lots of tokens (you can't do it online). You also need to staple them together and include a covering letter explaining what you want to do. The cost is also higher at £19pp (which is fine and to be expected).

BUT, on the form they direct you to, there is box to tick which says for a 7 night holiday tick here (it's also accounted for in the payment section). So do I really need to do two forms? Or will I end up with them expecting me to pay two lots of fees?

If it's a case that the form has now been updated to accommodate a 7 night holiday, do you still need to actually do a paper form at all, or will it be available online?

The 7 night tick box is for European Holidays only
    If you check the codes thread there's good advice about risking trying to get your UK 7 nights online

And, our 2nd choice venue is a Haven one, which we would want the comfort plus upgrade. On the form the tick box says £15.50 per person, but in the small print it says 'Send only £9.50pp with your application. You will be charged a £6pp supplement for a comfort plus upgrade.'. So I'm confused, is the upgrade cost on the tick box the combination of the 'standard' charge PLUS the 'upgrade' charge? Or is it in addition to the 'standard' charge? Also, is the 'upgrade' charge the same regardless of duration? So, in our case would only be an additional £6pp, on top of the £19pp (£25pp in total X 4)?

The £15.50 is the £9.50 + the £6
    If you're choosing a £15pp date instead of a £9.50 one that would be an additional £5.50pp to pay directly to the site

Sorry for all the questions. I'm hoping that those of you with more experience will be able to help/answer my queries.

Thanks.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thank you very much Essex Boy. And for your answers on the other thread.

Any ideas about this one?

'With Parkdean resorts, do you get allocated a 2 bedroom place as standard? Or is there a chance it could be a 1 bedroom place? I can't find this info anywhere.'

If not, don't worry.

I've since managed to find info on parkdean resorts that confirms they still provide the duvet and pillows, so would only need the sheets/pillowcases/duvet cases themselves. In which case, I think I will save the money!

Thanks for clarifying about the form! :)
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    Thank you very much Essex Boy. And for your answers on the other thread.

Any ideas about this one?

'With Parkdean resorts, do you get allocated a 2 bedroom place as standard? Or is there a chance it could be a 1 bedroom place? I can't find this info anywhere.'

If not, don't worry.

I've since managed to find info on parkdean resorts that confirms they still provide the duvet and pillows, so would only need the sheets/pillowcases/duvet cases themselves. In which case, I think I will save the money!

Thanks for clarifying about the form! :)

They do have 1 bedroom accommodation at Parkdean Resorts so if there's 3 people or less there's no guarantee of 2 bedrooms
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    essex_boy wrote: »
    They do have 1 bedroom accommodation at Parkdean Resorts so if there's 3 people or less there's no guarantee of 2 bedrooms

That's what I was concerned about. There will only be 3 of us (myself, hubby and 2 year old daughter). We obviously want a separate room for her still, so may have to rethink location option.

Thank you again.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    You pay the set amount of £9.50 to the sun paper but any extras are paid a bit later on direct to the caravan site.

We have been these holidays for the last 3years and it was great. We booked a holiday in July for mon-fri and paid this direct to the sun. Hubbie then phoned the caravan park several days later to see if possible to extend our stay at the same rate until the following Monday - we have done this twice in 2017 and 2018. It ended costing us roughly £150-£180 as we took linen instead of taking duvets etc as well as part.t for the entertainment passed for our whole stay. It was a great holiday for the money we paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure