Rejected car

Hi,

I’m hoping for a bit of advice. I bought a car from dealer in mid December. The cars had a number of issues with it and I’ve been told by a main dealer that it needs approx £1500 worth of work to fix it.
I know I’m in my 30 days to reject the vehicle but the garage where I part ex’d my original car have made improvements to it (mechanical and bodywork). I’m not sure therefore if I do reject the new car if I can have my old car back or they have to give me the money.
I’ll be speaking with the garage soon just want to know where I stand.
Thanks
Dave

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    A dealer will get the work done a heck of a lot cheaper than your main dealer quote.

Why not get the selling garage to fix it?
  • Hi,
    The garage is around 150 miles away and not a main dealer. The failed parts all need programming I’ve been told so it’s main dealer only. I’m just preempting that the garage will not want to pay for the work doing and where I’d stand.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't think anyone can give meaningful advice until you've spoken to the garage. They could offer all sorts so until we know something concrete it's difficult to advise.

See what they say and let us know.
  • That’s all I can do. I was just inquisitive in case anyone had experience of similar. Thanks
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck. Let us know how you get on
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Will do! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family