IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Is there a time limit for postal pcn to be sent by?

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    bondy_lad wrote: »
    I am struggling a bit,,is it the letter dated,7/1/16 on post 10,that I should use?

Yep, that's the one bondy. Obviously change 'Highview' (as the parking operator in the example) to Flashpark as in your son's case.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 January 2019 at 1:35PM
    Much appreciated,will do,thanks again to everyone who has helped me,I will update as soon as I have had response.

On reading Edna’s leter,he says,,,signature= just a squiggle,,on the letter which I send ,do I include sons name&address or just the pcn number and reg of car,,as unsure.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The name and address of the registered keeper are given.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Signatures are different than a name and address. Not the same thing!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bondy_lad
    Once again many thanks to all,have now posted letter,flashparks website states cannot appeal online,but there appeals page makes interesting reading believe you me,will come back when have response,keep up the good work.
  • bondy_lad
    edited 2 February 2019 at 9:07PM
    Update,,,my son has received a letter of failed appeal from flashparks,they say,,A) you did not display a valid permit in accordance with the regulations stated on the warning notices displayed in clear and prominent parking locations around the parking area,,,untrue the only signage is directly in front of the bay and no more than 3 to 4ft off the ground,there are zero signage anywhere on entry to car park,,,

B) neither flashparks or landowner has not issued a permit to park in this area.

However as a gesture of goodwill we will accept a payment of £35-00 if paid within 14 days.

Popla code given to appeal,,so can you guide me what to do from here,I used the Edna brasher letter as advised,also do I include anything about the signage,as originally cm told me not to,but he is adamant he did not see the sign at front of bay as he reveresed in as photo on pcn shows,also on the pcn it gives date and time he parked there,e.g. 14/12/2018 16.15.,,nothing mentioned about time of arrival and time of exit, is this something to consider,,,lfonally just to add, this was a hire car who flashparks were given the name and address of hiter, they sent him the pcn but there were no documents sent with the pcn, should this be mentioned,,thank you.
  • bondy_lad
    Son has driven there again this afternoon and took photos and a video of actual car park, the sign at the front of parking bay is stuck on a pole on the grass , impossible to read other than the name, flashpark, everything else is incredibly small writing and if you drive straight in it’s below the line of sight for the driver.
  • Coupon-mad
    Copy any other Notice to Hirer POPLA appeal, bondy lad!

Search for those words and you will find some. Show us first if unsure.

:)
  • bondy_lad
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Copy any other Notice to Hirer POPLA appeal, bondy lad!

Search for those words and you will find some. Show us first if unsure.

:)

Cm,, can I use appeal sent to popla by “ infadel” recently ?, we did not mention who was driving in appeal, but they were no documents sent with nth there is no signage whatsoever on entry to car park( have photo evidence), and the signage is on a very small sign at foot of parking bay, do we need to include all these points which are covered in appeal by infadel?? Really struggling with this, as now my son wants to pay there reduced fee off£35 which really gets to me sadly I am still under the weather which I have been for four months now but to pay even 1penny really gets my goat so to speak. Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    How has he/she spelt that username? I can't find him as a member.

Show us a link to the thread? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure