Harveys never again!

Options
Ordered a new sofa & table & chairs back in April. Man who served me said sofa I wanted was in warehouse & as I didn't want to wait the 13 weeks delivery I agreed to the one in warehouse. It turned up no problem except one arm was missing from one end(it's a modular sofa) anyway delivery men said I had to ring customer services to get it corrected. 45 mins on hold to be told my arm unit was not in warehouse & a whole new sofa would need to be ordered, so 13 wks wait! Not happy why would it be delivered with only one arm? My table & chairs were on a 7 wk lead time. But that came & went with no word, after 13 weeks I rang, another 45 min wait to be told it was ready for delivery, it got delivered, they half heartedly put table together with bolts hanging out & table has a chip in it! Ring again another 1 hour wait to be told we'll send technician, they come & tell me it's manufacturing fault & need new table. By this time I've had enough so ring to cancel sofa, they tell me I can't. Anyway delivery day of sofa arrives, I take a day off unpaid and no delivery shows up! Ring again hold for 1 1/4 hours, man in shop put wrong address on, can't deliver for another 2 weeks! Eventually after 7 months sofa shows up & is complete. I then ask about compensation & a new table or discount for damage. Get offered £150 which isn't even 10% of my total spend! Ask about table & technicians report only to be told I'm a liar & I caused the damage & report says nothing about manufacturing fault so no money or new table! I'm so angry with them. Considering the amount of time, unpaid day off, failed delivery & the £59 delivery charge, I don't think £150 is acceptable. What do you think? Thanks

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Difficult to say whether it's acceptable or not. Cancel the sofa order and get them to collect it, take the £150 and never buy from them again.
  • Savannah02K
    Options
    They were featured on You and Yours on Radio 4 last week. Sorry, can't remember which day. Thousands of complaints against them. Expect they'll be going into liquidation any day soon listening to the programme. Look for it on BBC site, worth a listen.
  • NotRichAtAll
    Options
    Just renewed our suites with Harveys and cannot fault the service i recieved, delivery all went to schedule and suites are fault free :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure