No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2019

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    This has gone Pete Tong. So, the idea of List It .... Gift It is that you offer something for sale but the only price the recipient is paying is postage which you quote when the ad is placed. The ad is kept open for 24 hours and a recipient is chosen at random (using random.org) from the number of recipients who applied. First off, I only got two applicants! I sent the "lucky" winner a message on FB asking her to PM me for my Paypal details and if she did this prior to 1.00pm today I could send the lacquers to her today, otherwise it would be Monday. I got a message from her saying she had paid. I only asked for £2.95 however she only sent me £1.00. When I queried this and asked for the extra she said she had misread the message and thought I said £1.00 not 1.00pm and that she could not send the other £1.95 until Wednesday (isn't that next week???). I then had to go through the performance of contacting Admin to report it and ask if it was ok to refund the "winner" and offer the items to the other applicant. Refund sent. Informed other applicant that they are now lucky winner if they still want items and got no response. It seems they have both had second thoughts about being the lucky recipients of my cast off nail polish. Lesson learned, maybe?

And all's well in the World as I have now been contacted by the other lady. Yay. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kadison wrote: »
    Really? When?

I have been one since May 2015 but I'm giving it up soon, they've taken all the fun out of it and tbh I've had enough of customers messing me around!

I did a short stint in about 97/98 and then again in about 2001 but had to give up in 2004 as my new husband, who is now my ex gave me an ultimatum so I stopped doing it. I haven't stopped network marketing altogether though and joined another company which I work alongside my own business. I probably left just as they were bringing in the new setup with sales leaders.
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I just came across Hannah Louise Poston's youtube channel! Anyone else seen this? It's quite close to what I did last year but I am definitely planning on commiting to 'No Buy' in 2019
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • mrs_potato_head
    Options
    Thanks for the tip to use the Sanctury Therapist’s Secret facial oil on my body - used after my shower this morning, and it absorbed beautifully into my skin and moisturised nicely!

I think the bottle will use up satisfyingly quickly, thanks again for the suggestion of how to use this up :T

K
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    The Mac blusher is Stay by me. It is a dusty peach pink colour. I do like the quality but it has the problem of excess pigment so when used first it can give rise to a few too much blusher incident.

I don't have a massive stockpile- medium amount for a hoarder. However, I struggle to actually use the stuff up. I go hot and cold with buying cosmetics, I can willing walk past it for months and then break loose like a binge shopper seeking the newest cream.
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Don't mind telling you but as a disclaimer I urge you to use caution as I (being a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal) took a huge knife to it (meat cleaver status) and using a sawing motion chopped at it along the seam. It was not a neat operation resulting in blue dust all across my chopping board and worktop however it was done without injury and resulted in the bath bomb being split into about 6 parts. If you are under the age of 18 you should seek adult supervision.

hahaha thanks! I am a fully grown adult but I appreciate the warning as I probably needed it nonetheless I will report back if it results in injury :rotfl:
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    Would a vice grips or a clamp make it easier to split the bath soap. it would make for a better angle to slice it and more stability. Please be careful, this might be a hard hat job.

If you can clamp the ball down it will reduce the chance of injury, i did a lot of damage with a meat cleaver to my hand, seriously, be careful.
  • Legittrying
    Options
    UUs

2 x Bath Bombs
    Rod Body Conditioner (LUSH)
    Percy and Reed Hair Mask (Only one left now)
    And painted my nails ��
  • VALM
    Options
    More UUs:-

5. NARS Orgasm blush from the Killing Me Softly palette (released in 2013). This was the biggest pan in the palette. Am working on panning the whole of this. First makeup item of the year though. Would repurchase but have a lot of blush already.

6. Dior Diorshow mascara primer . This came in the Favourites kit I got for Christmas. Wasn’t doing anything miraculous to either my lashes or the mascara I put on top so gave it to Emma.

7. Nivea Eye Makeup Remover OK for the price and I’ve repurchased already. Sometimes I have to also use a wipe depending on the brand of mascara I’m wearing.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    The ABC Kit I ordered from QVC has arrived. Think I’ll try to sell 2 of the cleansing bars on EBay.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family