Best 0% Transfer Cards?

Options
I have about £7000 on credit cards which I’d prefer to transfer to one 0% card. Is this possible?
Total debt 12/18 £9365.74 | Now: DEBT FREE
House Deposit 11/21 £11,192 | Need £25k

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you get a high enough limit, yes.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Depending on your current credit limits you may not get £7000 on a card but even if you only got say £3000 it still means you can hit the debt hard and clear it down while saving money.

I believe Barclaycard give decent balances, maybe others can suggest alternatives

If you are struggling to pay off the debt, I am guessing you have poor credit history and don't earn lots so trying the sub-prime lenders might also be a good idea
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have about £7000 on credit cards which I’d prefer to transfer to one 0% card. Is this possible?

Whether you get enough limit to enable you to clear the card depends on your overall available credit and credit utilisation (how much of your available credit you are using) in relation to your annual income.

I like Barclaycard Platinum which comes in a couple of variations but the APR is a little high if you let a balance run beyond the 0% period. Overall, the Barclays blurb states a minimum income of £20,000 p.a. but take that with a pinch of salt. Do their eligibility check.
  • Craig1981
    Options
    taking into account fees and balances etc, you are going to need a card with around 8k limit

a lot of cards do balance transfer offers - which one is right for you and the limit offered will depend on your circumstances

santander, post office, tesco, sainsburys, MBNA, barclaycard.... depends on what cards you already have
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure