Want to be debt free

crista1
crista1 Posts: 2
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 27 December 2018 at 3:21PM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Hi.Could I join please?
New to this. Just had a shock. Went online to tot up all my credit card debts.£17,000 in total :(!
Would like to pay a large chunk off by Xmas 2019, but due to study and part-time work will probably be a struggle :) .
No mortgage. Have a part time job.
Student (may have to leave for a year to concentrate on finances : () :o

Thank you in advance x

Comments

• datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,237
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Anyone can join. It's a great first move towards becoming debt free. Trying joining challenges- the frugal challenge might be good for you.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Thank you. I will look at the challenge you mentioned,
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,339
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure