PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 Christmas Leftovers Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another vote for slow cooker for the beef.
    You could also slice it very finely across the grain if it's very thick cut and make crispy chilli beef.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I didn't say there wasn't any point in trying to salvage the beef for human consumption.
    I was just disagreeing with your suggestion that the reason for toughness was 'not been cooked long enough'.

Another reason may be that the meat wasn't allowed to rest sufficiently.
    A friend of ours insists on carving the beef joint as soon as it comes out of the oven as 'they like their food to be hot' but always say their meat is tough.

I put a few halved sprouts in the stew.
    Surprisingly, they were the nicest thing in there!
    Odd when everyone says 'don't overcook sprouts' and we definitely like ours al-dente.

With respect I didn't say that.

I really was only trying to help, not get into a who's right and who's wrong scenario.
  • sunset_gold
    Options
    Leftovers made into broccoli and Stilton (well ends of various blue cheese) soup for lunch hurrah!
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just disappointed we finished all the sprouts on the stalk we got the other day. There weren,t any left to be shredded up and used in yeaterday's coleslaw which is other nice way of using them u.

We also love Bripussel tops in this hiuse but sadly this year all the stalks available this year seem to have been beheaded of them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback