Working the numbers 2019 style

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I agree with the others. If you’d read your draft end of year report on someone else’s diary, you’d think that they’d done well.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not unhappy with progress, just not quite as delighted as I could have been. Which I agree, is a great position to be in, and I would certainly have accepted it at the start of the year if offered :-)

I reserve my right to beat myself up about eating and health though, and will be focusing more on them next year - once all the xmas chocolates have gone. Despite her protestations that she can manage I am sure my OH really doesn't want to eat them by herself, surely not, and it is my duty and pleasure to help - but after that I will be strict
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Haha re chocolates.

i will also be tackling health and diet/fitness in 2020 but I agree with the others too you have reduced your debt and increased your savings. That equals success in my books :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • ohdearhowdidthathappen
    Options
    Haha, I've been doing the same. It almost seems a necessity to eat all the bad food, before you start on a New Year health kick!
    Debt - Car loan £19k. New savings goals: Emergency fund £1000/£1000, FFEF £200/£10000
  • mark55man
    Options
    A bit in advance of 2020 but here is the link to my new diary for the next period

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6085980

I will tidy up here when I do my end of year numbers, but just wanted to say thank you to all especially the regulars (currently humming the cheers theme tune) but to all who have contributed and helped me with my journey
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Great minds think alike. I have literally just posted I will be starting a new diary and my reasons why.
    I will be popping in to christen your new diary immediately! :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mark55man
    Options
    Great minds think alike. I have literally just posted I will be starting a new diary and my reasons why.
    I will be popping in to christen your new diary immediately! :)

I was secretly hoping my first page on my new diary would be full of people from this one :j :j :T :T
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Not such a secret now
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Well you can run but you can't hide ;)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mark55man
    Options
    Not such a secret now
    busted :j !!