Hot water temperature

Options
I have a hot water cylinder and a cold water tank in the loft. We have just had a new system boiler fitted, Viessmann Vitodens 100-w and the domestic hot water is hot but not as hot as before. I can’t see how I can turn this up, the boiler manual says to press on the touch screen until avtap icon is shown but there is no such icon. For reasons I’m not going into I can’t contact the installer so wondered if I could get help here.
Thanks in advance..

Comments

• PeterGr
    PeterGr Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think the instructions you are reading are for the combi-version. If you have a hot water cylinder you have a system version. There could be a hot water controller somewhere which you need to set at 60 degC. Your boiler temperature needs to be above this, say 70 / 75 degC. Finally your time programmer needs to be on for sufficient time for the hot water cylinder to reach the temperature. Your hot water controller and time programmer will not be in the boiler instructions.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    look for something like this attached to the hot water tank

Boiler-thermostat.jpg
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Make sure that the installer has opened all the taps in the airing cupboard that should be open.

When a plumber did work on my system, which is similar to yours, they forgot to open one of the taps before they left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure