when are Barclaycard statements printed?

Options
If for example my previous stratement was dated the 22nd November with a 'pay by' 21st December and I make a purchase on the card now will it have missed the next bill?

Comments

• Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mikk wrote: »
    If for example my previous stratement was dated the 22nd November with a 'pay by' 21st December and I make a purchase on the card now will it have missed the next bill?

Probably not.

Barclaycard, in line with others, now doesn't produce the bill until a couple of days after the date on it, so they can include purchases right up to the statement date.

If it's important it doesn't come through I'd wait.
  • Terry_Towelling
    Options
    Barclaycard used to have a run of 'billing days' from 1 to 20 (I think - it may be slightly different now). A billing day must be a working day. If your statement is produced on Billing day 1, that means it will be produced on the first working day of the month.

Your statement will be prepared on that day and transactions made the calendar before you are billed will hit that statement (as long as the retailer processes them in a timely manner).

If you got a statement dated 22/11 that looks like the 16th working day of November. That could mean your next statement will be dated 24/12. Not sure whether Christmas has any effect.

A caveat - this is old knowledge but the principle probably still holds. Give them a call and ask them what is your billing day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure