edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Bankruptcy & Living With It
16 replies 2.1K views
2»

Replies

• TheGardenerTheGardener Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The OR choses how far back they want to go. In my case they asked for 2 years worth.
    The system has changed a bit since I went BR 5 years ago but its possible that the collection agents now do the SOA checks maybe - or with the reductions in OR's offices and staff - maybe this is something they now contract out to a 3rd party.
  • Feral_MoonFeral_Moon Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never thought anout them asking for statements, I assumed they'd check credit files for all the financial info. I don't have any paper statements and I'm not sure how far they go back online. I know some are 6mths.
  • amizakiamizaki Forumite
    166 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    I never thought anout them asking for statements, I assumed they'd check credit files for all the financial info. I don't have any paper statements and I'm not sure how far they go back online. I know some are 6mths.

They will see statements to check transactions for sure. For online statements, I was asked for last 3 months. But, they can contact with banks directly and ask any number of years of statements to see transactions. I was told to provide last 12 months statements and told if can't provide they will arrange directly.
  • TheGardenerTheGardener Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feral_Moon wrote: »

It just saves the OR time if you provide them - they can get whatever they want direct from the Banks anyway.
    As part of the 'New You' when you go BR - It might be best if you start a good filing system and keep at least 12 months worth of financial paperwork - I found it really helped when you are living on a budget to be able to check what you have spent and when
  • Feral_MoonFeral_Moon Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just saves the OR time if you provide them - they can get whatever they want direct from the Banks anyway.
    As part of the 'New You' when you go BR - It might be best if you start a good filing system and keep at least 12 months worth of financial paperwork - I found it really helped when you are living on a budget to be able to check what you have spent and when

I was always meticulous in keeping everything in order and even ran a six month forecast so I could see how payments or spending would affect finances going forward.

However, when I became seriously ill everything fell behind and I completely lost track of my finances, hence why I'm in such a mess now. The final straw was a reduction in benefits when changing from DLA to PIP.

I've downloaded a new money manager to use from here on to keep a tight control on my view budget.
  • Hi Folks

My experience of being asked about the date of last use of credit cards seems to have raised some comments. By chance over the Christmas holiday, I met the BR friend who had warned me about this before my interview and we compared notes. We discovered that we had both had the same person from the OR dealing with our cases - probably because we live about 20 miles apart, I suppose. So it seems as if this particular person asks this question but as I have said before each OR seems to decide for themselves what to ask, Happy new year and good luck to all those going through the BR process.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides