Blocked Lloyds account!

I have realised today that Lloyds have blocked my current account and both savings account! I’ve only been with Lloyds for a few months and this how they treat their customers?! I had received £8000 from someone in the Netherlands as I sold a watch. When the money arrived in my account I put £7500 in one savings account and £500 in my other. I have been to three different branches today and they all cannot give me any information why the accounts have been block and they are in a processing delay and being investigated with no given time frame? What is this all about? Has anyone else had this?

Comments

• Your accounts have been frozen due to regulations regarding Money Laundering apply as you have received a large sum of money from the Netherlands. Not sure how you go about sorting it but would speak to the bank first, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello JV, I have heard of this happening numerous times there will be posts on how people have dealt with on the budgeting and bank accounts thread I've added a link for it .

I think Grey's advice is the best. I hope you get your money back asap. Blooming awful timing just before Christmas.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    JV 4341 - you are wasting your time going into any branch let alone 3.

Have you another account you can use ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • "Have you another account you can use ?"

Banks share information so other accounts may also be frozen.

No idea why you should say the OP is wasting their time going into the branch. Without talking to somebody at the bank he cannot get at his money - Think, if his accounts are frozen then he also cannot get at any other money in the accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure