Fitting front panel to integrated dishwasher

Options
alhenderson
alhenderson Posts: 44 Forumite
Evening All,

We have an integrated dishwasher which we bought 10 months ago, and I have long since lost the instructions for fitting the front panel (they're not in the manual for the dishwasher, were seperate). Phoned Whirlpool and they're less-than-helpful response was "have you tried Google".

Of course I tried Google, and didn't get that far. Found a few videos, although not of Whirlpool. Having seen those, and talked to someone at work who has done this, I think I know what to do, but have a question about the fixing kit.

I have the following in my fixing kit:

31418849787_000631d956_b.jpg

9 screws of varying sizes and two plastic fixings of some sort. On the front of the dishwasher are two U shaped holes:

45635209804_161309d7b8_b.jpg

The plastic fixings fit perfectly in here, so I had assumed that fixing the door to the dishwasher involved attaching the plastic fixings to the door, which would then allow the door to slide into those holes in the dishwasher. I imagine I would then further secure with screws from the inside of the dishwasher door.

However, I talked to someone at work and they said that the plastic fixings actually have nothing to do with it, and you just use the screws from the inside of the door. In which case, what are the plastic things for? Can't be co-incidence that they fit into those holes, can it?

The model is a Whirlpool WIC3C26 UK, if that helps.

Thanks for any thoughts..

Al.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills