»

Swagbucking into 2019... Nearly ;) - Page 128

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Swagbucking into 2019... Nearly ;)

edited 15 December 2019 at 5:28PM in Boost Your Income
2.9K replies 531.7K views

Replies

• sonjadaysonjaday Forumite
    240 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Does the e-mail confirmation have a code to enter to redeem the giftcard?

Thank you mjm3346, it does have a code, but it isn't accepted. It's 17 digits long and all numbers, the message says:-
    A gift card claim code is 14 or 15 characters long and will usually contain both letters and numbers (for example AS25-NJZ1JX-CZCP5).
    I think the code I have is just the Amazon order code and there doesn't seem to be any other code. :(
  • rbb-jhbrbb-jhb Forumite
    60 posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Throwaway1 wrote: »
    I log in to my PayPal and request a payment of £25 (or however much your MasterCard voucher is for) from my husband. He then logs into his PayPal, adds the MasterCard as a payment method and pays the £25 payment request I sent to him.

I did this with my sister - she requested a payment and I sent it to her using a £10 Mastercard. BUT.... she only got £9.26 out of it. Has this happened to others? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact tht my PayPal account is registered in South Africa.
  • thisonethisone Forumite
    2.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    John1963 wrote: »
    I previously posted full details (on 11th April) but thought it worth posting up a summary of how to clear the irritating £1 Mastercard balances.

Ensure that the Amazon default Mastercard is one with a £1 remaining on it, purchase a gift card for £1. Change the default card to the next £1 balance card and so on. I cleared the whole lot in two batches.

I now have zero balances on all the cards and have deleted all of them except my main credit card - hooray!:j:beer::):
    Thanks. After waiting a suitable amount of time to see whether you reported the sky falling upon your head I've given it a try. And it got declined. I'll try again when I get various pounds back. Sometimes they ask for me to re-enter the card number, as though I'm using it first time, which they did this time. Seems to restart the whole stupid process.
  • culpepperculpepper Forumite
    4.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know I posted this before but anyway, regarding the games.
    They will play in the opera browser which is available for windows and linux and I think you can probably get it for apple too though I dont have an apple computer anymore.
    When you load the swagbucks game page, a yellow no entry icon comes up in the top right of the browser and you can click on it to unblock the content , then the page reloads and will load the game when you click play.
    I have been using it this week as they wont play in any of the other browsers.
  • John1963John1963 Forumite
    337 posts
    thisone wrote: »
    Thanks. After waiting a suitable amount of time to see whether you reported the sky falling upon your head I've given it a try. And it got declined. I'll try again when I get various pounds back. Sometimes they ask for me to re-enter the card number, as though I'm using it first time, which they did this time. Seems to restart the whole stupid process.
    If the system asks for the card number, it will get declined. The key is to make sure the card is showing as your default before you start the purchase process. If it is, you need to purchase the £1 gift card (not add to balance). Put the purchase in you basket and go to check-out. If you see the £1 mastercard showing as the default you should be home and dry and the purchase "should" go through. It definitely works because I got rid of 10 x £1 balances, albeit in 2 batches (seemed to get stuck at card 9).

The key seems to be steps 1-3. If you want to get a head-start make one of the cards you know will be coming back soon as your default card now. I'd almost guarantee that it will go through. This was my starting point to clearing the rest so in summary:
    1. Set £1 mastercard as default.

2. Purchase (not add) giftcard.

3. Don't buy, put into basket (if you hit "buy" at this point I'm pretty sure it asks for the number, and this messes things up).

4. Hit checkout.

5. Check that the right card is showing.

6. Commit the purchase, should work.
  • edited 28 April 2019 at 1:49PM
    John1963John1963 Forumite
    337 posts
    edited 28 April 2019 at 1:49PM
    sonjaday wrote: »
    Thank you mjm3346, it does have a code, but it isn't accepted. It's 17 digits long and all numbers, the message says:-
    A gift card claim code is 14 or 15 characters long and will usually contain both letters and numbers (for example AS25-NJZ1JX-CZCP5).
    I think the code I have is just the Amazon order code and there doesn't seem to be any other code. :(
    There are two ways of adding to the balance when you receive the card (1) hit the activate link (2) copy and paste the code to redeem. Then check your giftcard transactions, the £1 should be showing as the last entry, whichever method you have used. The mistake I've made before now is activation via the link and copying and pasting too, obviously this results in an error message.

The message you need to activate from is headed "XXX sent you an Amazon Gift Card"
  • thisonethisone Forumite
    2.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    John1963 wrote: »
    If the system asks for the card number, it will get declined. The key is to make sure the card is showing as your default before you start the purchase process. If it is, you need to purchase the £1 gift card (not add to balance). Put the purchase in you basket and go to check-out. If you see the £1 mastercard showing as the default you should be home and dry and the purchase "should" go through. It definitely works because I got rid of 10 x £1 balances, albeit in 2 batches (seemed to get stuck at card 9).

The key seems to be steps 1-3. If you want to get a head-start make one of the cards you know will be coming back soon as your default card now. I'd almost guarantee that it will go through. This was my starting point to clearing the rest so in summary:
    1. Set £1 mastercard as default.

2. Purchase (not add) giftcard.

3. Don't buy, put into basket (if you hit "buy" at this point I'm pretty sure it asks for the number, and this messes things up).

4. Hit checkout.

5. Check that the right card is showing.

6. Commit the purchase, should work.
    Yes, missed the put in basket bit.
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    culpepper wrote: »
    I know I posted this before but anyway, regarding the games.
    They will play in the opera browser which is available for windows and linux and I think you can probably get it for apple too though I dont have an apple computer anymore.
    When you load the swagbucks game page, a yellow no entry icon comes up in the top right of the browser and you can click on it to unblock the content , then the page reloads and will load the game when you click play.
    I have been using it this week as they wont play in any of the other browsers.

Thanks but gave it a go with Opera including downloading Flash again, unblocking the content etc and the same as the other browsers only the pair/memory game plays.
    Internet goodness £27654 ckllvwc2btfb.gif
  • sonjadaysonjaday Forumite
    240 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    Thank you for sharing this information.
    The first time I tried, it didn't work, but the second time it did seem to work, I'm just not sure I've completed it correctly as I can't find the £1 gift card in my balance.
    Has anyone else followed these instructions successfully and would be able to tell me how to check on the £1 gift card please? I receive the email confirmation, but that's it, the £1 seems to have disappeared. I'd like to sort it out before I try it with any more £1s.
    Sorry if I'm just being stupid. ;)

This gift card had been cancelled, but I didn't have a cancellation email, so I was completely baffled. I spoke to online chat, who seemed very helpful and wanted to help. I've had an email to say that our chat was unexpectedly curtailed and that if I contact them again, they'll try to help further!!
    I've just logged in to my Digital Wallet and all the Mastercards listed had a zero balance, where once they had £1 in each. I've emailed to ask what's happened, but I'll have to wait to see. :(
  • accacc Forumite
    431 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    I've just logged in to my Digital Wallet and all the Mastercards listed had a zero balance, where once they had £1 in each. I've emailed to ask what's happened, but I'll have to wait to see. :(
    Have you viewed the transaction history for each card?

Click the down arrow on the right of each card in the Digital Wallet list, then click Transactions, and a window pops up showing each recent transaction with the description, date and value.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support