IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CEL POPLA appeal lost

Options
2»

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You mention TripAdvisor, have you pasted a scathing review therein using such words as "avoid", "warning" and "scam". Also post on the hotel's webpage, booking.com, hotels.com, Trivago and Facebook.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Jigglewits
    Options
    Hi all.
    Firstly I would like to say a massive thank you to you all for your time, words of advice and encouragement on this.
    Since my last post I emailed the data protection officer at CEL and requested an SAR. The following day I emailed the hotel manager reminding him of our previous correspondence on this (which did include a scathing TripAdvisor review) and then asked again for him to consider having this PCN cancelled. I went on to say that CEL were now threatening to take me to court following months of intimidating and bullying letters.
    A couple of days later hey presto, an email from the hotel to say that CEL had agreed to cancel the PCN followed the next day by a letter from CEL to confirm this.
    Thanks again guys.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Nice one and well done on your perseverance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure