Blackhorse loans PPI

Options
Hello.
I hope someone can answer my query.
At first I went through a claims company for "free ppi check" but after reading lots of posts on here I decided to do it myself. I know I had old loans with Lloyds, blackhorse and lloyds bowmaker and I know I took ppi on two of them but I couldn't remember which ones so I just went on lloyds website and did the ppi checker. I received 2 letters , one from Lloyds saying they could not find any accounts and one from blackhorse confirming 2 back loans and requesting I fill in the complaint form that came with it. Does that mean that the 2 loan agreement numbers they have sent me are the ones with PPI attached. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Unlikely they would request more information if there was no PPI, however the only ones truly able to answer your question is Blackhorse - give em a call
  • Christmassparkle
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I phoned them earlier and was told they couldn't answer if I had ppi or not until I had completed the complaint form and then they would investigate. They gave me the dates and the loans amounts and these were dated back to the 90s . I am really confused as it states on the website to enquire if you had ppi to complete the ppi checker tool which I did . One of the loans was for £5000 but the total repayment amount was over £7k who h seems a lot
  • Bermonia
    First Post
    Options
    In that case complete the forms and see what happens - may be worth pointing out that merely having PPI doesn’t automatically mean that you will receive a refund as the business would need to identify a potential failing in the process that may have impacted you
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I phoned them earlier and was told they couldn't answer if I had ppi or not until I had completed the complaint form and then they would investigate. They gave me the dates and the loans amounts and these were dated back to the 90s . I am really confused as it states on the website to enquire if you had ppi to complete the ppi checker tool which I did . One of the loans was for £5000 but the total repayment amount was over £7k who h seems a lot

It's quite possible you did have front loaded PPI which of course would bump up the amount borrowed and paid back though at the same time, are you sure you borrowed from Blackhorse and not say via a car dealership or similar?

If Blackhorse have limited records then it will mean they have to do a lot of digging, hence why they can't tell you straight away
  • Christmassparkle
    Options
    Hi. Yes it was definitely a loan. Have since had black horse finance on a car and know I would have to go to the dealer to complain for this as they were the seller .
    I am definitely going to complain on the black horse loan as I knew it was either black horse,lloyds or lloyds bowmaker that I took out the loan with in 1994 and I was told it was mandatory for ppi for the loan to be approved. I wasn't asked any questions about my circumstances or if i had alternative provision.I receive NHS full pay for 6 months and half pay with SSP for a further 6 months. I had death benefit at the time and the chance of redundancy is very low risk and even then a redundancy package is offered. So therefore ppi gave me no additional benefit, so it was worthless to me.
    Over 2k on top of loan seems very high so may be I had a high APR ????
  • Bermonia
    First Post
    Options
    Please note, the reasons you have just given whilst may seem frustrating for you are very unlikely to lead to your complaint being upheld - other provisions such as sick pay are all well and good how’re PPI paid out in addition and for longer than these, if the policy was indeed mandatory then that is not an issue and the business is allowed to sell on this basis, if you are however suggesting that you were told it was mandatory when it wasn’t then you would need some evidence to support this.
  • Christmassparkle
    Options
    Thank you Bermonia. That makes a lot of sense. It could well have been a case of having to have it back in the 90s. More recently I have been asked if I wanted ppi in which I have always declined for reasons I have stated above. I may just go ahead and complete the form to the best of my knowledge and hope they have the information as they were able to give me account numbers dates and amounts. If it comes back that it was indeed mandatory then it will be understandable for my co.plaint not to be upheld. Would BH have that information?
  • Bermonia
    Options
    From the 90’s? Highly unlikely but hey stranger things have happened.

Expect nothing and then you can only be pleasantly surprised!
  • Bunjamun
    Options
    Thank you this is really helpful as Loyds recentlyu said they couldn't find any details and yet you've reminded me my PPI was with blackhorse.. Fingers crossed
  • Christmassparkle
    Options
    Will let you know how it goes. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills