🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cash transactions on HSBC credit card

Options
I recently took out a HSBC credit card that is 0% for 27 months and 0% on balance transfer if moved within 60 days of opening. I was therefore surprised to see a charge for interest on my first statement. It turns out a purchase I had made online of currency from Travelex is classed as a cash transaction and therefore has interest applied to this.

I have been through my paperwork and the only place I can see this information is on the first statement when this came through. They have so far avoided answering my question as to where this information was when I took out the card.

Has anyone come across anything similar? I am wondering if I have a leg to stand on if I challenge them and say that you do not make these conditions about what you class as cash transactions clear enough?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    This is standard on all cards. Buying cash is a cash transaction, along with such things as cash advances and gambling.

It'll be detailed in their terms and conditions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport