We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Urgent Help needed please - cashing cheque

Hey,

I have a cheque that has been made out to my business even though I dont have a business account. How can I claim this cheque using my personal account?

I get that you can get a new check but this is going to be a really long process to do. Any help is appreciated

Comments

  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 42,038 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Open a business account?

    Sounds like it's what you should have done anyway - putting business transactions through a personal account will breach the Ts & Cs of every account I've ever seen, and if the bank notices and objects you may find yourself without access to any of your money....
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.