Kontofx is it a scam?

Options
124»

Comments

• CurvyShervy
    Options
    No joy whatsoever with my credit card company, is there anyone else I can contact about this, or should I just resign myself to the money being lost?
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Given that they are not UK-based and have no authority to operate regulated activities in the UK, your only remaining option would be to go after them in Estonia and/or Hungary.

Even if you were to try that, you can bet that the type of people that run operations like this are going to be skilled in ducking and diving. So for £2k I would think that your best course of action would be to write it off and move on.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No joy whatsoever with my credit card company, is there anyone else I can contact about this, or should I just resign myself to the money being lost?

I'm sure there's an ombudsman you can complain to.
    The BBC programme, AFAICR, said that the default position of the CC companies was to respond that they dont guarantee investments, but the point is, you didnt have an investment, you were scammed and told you had an investment but it wasnt they just took your money and ran off.
    Good luck
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    brgrra207 wrote: »
    Till date I still wonder how I fell for this cheap scam, they kept convincing me to invest more and most payments were by bitcoins, I was super surprised when XXX was able to get most of my money back because by their name I felt they could only recover other forms of payments related to binary options but to my surprise they came out good. I’m done with any form of these investments.

Fraud reported.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport