just moved house credit score

Hi, just moved house for the first time. i have lived with my parents for the rest of my life.

my address has changed, i presume i need to change my electoral roll etc before i can get credit because my address and electoral roll will be different.

any other advise for new home owners would be great too in regards to credit scores

Replies

• MEM62MEM62 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    any other advise for new home owners would be great too in regards to credit scores

Yep, they are for amusement value only and have no meaning in the real world.

Run your finances responsibly, use a CC and clear the balance in full every month and ensuring that you are on the ER is all you need to do to keep your credit standing in good shape.
  • credit scores are for each agency that use them - your lenders do not see this and is meaningless to them - it comes down to your file and history of that file

if it is slim and not much in there, yes, get on to the electoral roll - best way to improve your history is a credit card to use for daily purchases etc, but to be cleared monthly in full, to avoid any interest
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Dont focus too much on your score, if it goes down dont fret.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals