New property - choosing electricity supplier

Options
Hi all,

I'm just about to move into my first home, which is a complete renovation of a property which has never been a 'dwelling' previously. Western Power provide and maintain the connection in the area, but I need to look into which supplier to use from there.

I've joined the MSE Energy Club, however as i've no existing bills to compare with, it doesn't give me much information.

Is anybody able to offer any advise on how best to go about searching for best rates etc in this situation?

There's no gas supplier to the property, so everything will be run on Electrics (it's a teeny tiny character property).

Thank you!

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Use average house size etc as found on comparisons .
    Key is the unit rate and daily standing charge .
    Total amount or Direct Debits are no more than estimates depending upon actual usage .
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brokebroke wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm just about to move into my first home, which is a complete renovation of a property which has never been a 'dwelling' previously. Western Power provide and maintain the connection in the area, but I need to look into which supplier to use from there.

I've joined the MSE Energy Club, however as i've no existing bills to compare with, it doesn't give me much information.

Is anybody able to offer any advise on how best to go about searching for best rates etc in this situation?

There's no gas supplier to the property, so everything will be run on Electrics (it's a teeny tiny character property).

Thank you!

I suspect the "Don't know (we'll estimate it for you)" option was designed just for people in your situation ;)
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    does it have an electric meter ?
    will you be living there from the start ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure