Quick HTB ISA question

Options
We are now in the position to take out our second ISA for a house

(We purchased a LISA around April 17)

If we now take out a Help to buy ISA (I understand there will be no bonus allowed).......... but if we draw the money out in 6 months time does the money still have gained the interest?

Thanks.

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,279 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 November 2018 at 8:49PM
    Options
    Yes, interest is calculated daily and any accrued interest will be paid on closure of the HTB ISA.

Edit: To double check, you are aware if both of you are first time buyers and you only have one LISA and one HTB ISA between you, then if you each have one account, one of you can claim the bonus on the HTB ISA and the other can make a penalty free withdrawal from the LISA.
  • bhindi
    bhindi Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Edit: To double check, you are aware if both of you are first time buyers and you only have one LISA and one HTB ISA between you, then if you each have one account, one of you can claim the bonus on the HTB ISA and the other can make a penalty free withdrawal from the LISA.

I'm acting on behalf of step son, he will buy the house alone, so both Isa's are in his name. (sorry to mislead)
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bhindi wrote: »
    We purchased a LISA around April 17
    As the only LISAs available at launch in April 2017 were S&S ones, entailing some investment risk, has he looked at transferring it into a cash LISA, now that there are multiple choices on that front, all of which offer capital protection, as we potentially approach some choppy economic waters?
  • bhindi
    bhindi Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You panicked me then... just checked .. We opened the account with Skipton late May 18 ..... lol... sorry... major difference... I don't know why I put 2017.. I believe it is an online cash LISA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure