Failed IVA & PPI

Hi
I had an IVA which failed in 2014 after only 6 months. I received a breach from my IP. Since then I have entered into repayment plans with my creditors and have been doing well getting all the debt down. I have never heard from the IP again. I received a phone call from an old bank who were not on the Iva to say I had PPI since 1999 and I would receive an offer within a week which would be straight to payment. I am not listed on the Insolvency Register and would like to know where I stand with this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you receive any money pay it to your creditors.
  • Doesn't matter if you're no longer on the Insolvency Register it will be paid to your IVA company who will pay it to your creditors
  • Your IVA failed and you are no longer bound by it. You are repaying your debts. I can't see how the IVA can have a claim on it?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    kerryd14 wrote: »
    I received a phone call from an old bank who were not on the Iva to say I had PPI since 1999 and I would receive an offer within a week which would be straight to payment. I am not listed on the Insolvency Register and would like to know where I stand with this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

You stand nowhere. They are entitled to keep any redress to amounts owing, written off or defaulted on.
    They were not part of the failed IVA.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure