PPI company keep threatening to charge me.

Options
I dont know where I stand. Free PPI checks i think its called. They kept ringing me in the Summer insisting i had PPI somewhere I told them i had already claimed it back years ago. He wouldnt stop going on about it and I tokd him I really never but when pushed i said good luck if you find it and then verbally i gave him my details. They are now saying this is a contract. I just dont know what to because after this phone call i went to Lloyds TSB to make sure all my old accounts were closed and to tie up loose ends. Ive been very sick over the Summer i just wanted ronsort stuff out. Then surprisingly i started to get the odd cheque back from Lloyds with apologies saying that they didnt treat me properly when they closed my accounts years and here was the compensation. Hundreds of pounds. I was thrilled. No mention of PPI.

Now im getting hassled everyday by the PPI company telling me they have found PPI from Lloyds TSB and that i have entered into a contract with them and that i have to pay them compensation for the work they have put in so far. Does anyone know where i stand? Theyve said they have a recording of me telling them to go ahead and that this is legslly binding. Its making me quite ill is there anything I can do?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport