section 75 ?

would a section 75 claim be possible in the case where a hotel has been booked, but facilities shown on booking page were not available on arrival?
Nice to save.

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I think this will be subjective.

Was it booked direct with the hotel or via a 3rd party?

What facilities where not available/correctly advertised?

Have you looked at the terms and conditions as often there is a clause explaining facilities may be closed, withdrawn at certain times of year or when maintenance is required or occupancy drops.

Can you tell us the hotel?
  • it was a hotel abroad, where they had a picture and name of bath tub, but there was only a very small shower
    it was through booking .com.
    Nice to save.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Presumably the credit card charge was with the hotel rather than booking.com?

I think you would need to double check the description of the room booked to see if a bath tub was mentioned and also check the images as often hotels show a selection of images and some room shots are for particular room categories.

The credit company would also want to know how you have explored resolution options with the hotel and what has been said.

Presumably you are looking for the difference back between the room with the bath and the room with the shower - rather than a full refund?
  • Sorry but there is no way in this world or the next you will get a S75 refund based on that alone.
  • What did the hotel say when you complained?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    what did the booking.com description say about the room type you purchased? did is specifically state 'bath'? did the hotel not have a room with a bath available that they could move you to?
  • Norfolk_Jim
    Norfolk_Jim Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I regularly get a very different room to the one in the photo with booking.com - I thought bait and switch was the name of the game - show you a nice room - give you the cheapest in the hotel.
    Not a chance of section 75 - unless you can show that you were promised xyz and that you raised it at the time
  • Have had a few problems when booking with another booking company.
    I always email them with photos and a copy of the description and always get a partial refund.

Have you done this with booking.com?
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • All the information on booking.com, including photo's, is uploaded by the hotel themselves. Your contract is with the hotel, and presumably they are the one's that processed your payment.

Did you mention it at reception as soon as you found out the room had no bath and ask to be moved? Usually hotels state bath or shower but aren't specific because you don't book a specific room.

Section 75 wouldn't cover a claim for having a shower as opposed to a bath.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure