Motability ap grant

Has anyone dealt with the grants team recently ?

We are presently looking at our first motability car due to daughter's special needs equipment not fitting in present car with the kids.

I've looked and looked and can't find anything but a lwb van people carrier suitable small vans and large cars (galaxy, caddy, Sharan etc you lose the whole boot to her equipment)

We bought our present car before her legs began failing but to a very precise spec based around her issues. privacy glass, leather for easy cleaning, electric sliding doors.

There are only 2 vehicles on the entire scheme meet these requirements and they have advance payments of 6295 and 6795.

I don't have remotely near that kind of ap heck 500 quid would be a struggle presently so have had to apply to grants.

What kind of questions are you asked, proof required etc. How pushy were they in having you look at vehicles not fit for your purpose etc

I just want to be prepared as possible to have as much smooth sailing and the best chance possible as we can't go anywhere as a family presently.

I'm more than happy to elaborate on the reasons for the requirements if need be.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport