🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What to do with Frozen private pension when living permanently abroad

Options
Cintrapark
Cintrapark Posts: 92 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 24 November 2018 at 2:38PM in Savings & investments
Question for you all. I am currently a UK expat, living in Israel. I have no intention of returning to the UK. I am 42

I have a 'frozen' pension in the UK with a small sum of £18,000. Due to UK regulations I"m unable to touch the sum (cannot contribute nor withdraw) until the age of 57. I can, however, manage it myself as I have transferred it to a SIPP.

I'm thinking whether I should place it in a Vanguard retirement fund or simply invest it 100% in an ETF (I have a simple ETF portfolio comprising of 75% Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF and 25% iShares Global AAA-AA Govt Bond UCITS ETF). Any thoughts? It's not exactly a life-changing sum of money so I'm happy to adopt some kind of risk.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family